Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Francie is my friend

Well, friends, there is a God.  The very same day I was blogging about my G-list celebrity sightings (let's face it, Fortune Feimster - who?), I full on interacted with a real celebrity.  It all went down when I took Camille to a gymnastics class.  I didn't know this beforehand, but apparently kids go there for gymnastics, and moms go there to hang out and socialize.  The gymnastics happens out on the floor, and all the moms sit in rows of chairs on the other side of the room, gabbing away about homework and school projects.  Amazing what qualifies as gossip when you're a mom, but there you have it.  

So there I am, chilling with the gals, when it starts to dawn on me that the mom sitting next to me talking about ditching cable in favor of Apple TV plus Hulu looks really familiar.  Turns out, it was Francie from Alias.  She looked a lot like Francie and talked a lot like Francie, but since it's been about 10 years I wasn't so sure.  Of course once I got home, I confirmed it on the Internets by looking up some of the personal details she dropped in the conversation.  Yes I memorized picayune details from the conversation for later research and that is stalking, but it's also just darn good legwork, people.  

And now, a warning to all of my plain old friends reading this blog.  Camille will probably keep going to the gymnastics class, and Francie and I will probably become really good friends.  And no I won't introduce you, and yes I will pretend I don't know you if I'm out with her.

1 comment:

  1. Your memory for faces is amazing. That was my favorite show at the time, and I would NEVER recognize her. You have a gift, my friend.

    ReplyDelete